- 50g Oat Flour
- 50g Coconut Flour
- 60g Easter Egg Protein
- 40g Coconut Oil
- 30g Desiccated Coconut
- 10g Raw Cacao (Optional)
- 80g Maple Syrup (macros based on Sugar free)
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 40g Strawberry Jam Donut Protein
- 30g Maple Syrup
- 110g Coconut Cream (white part only)
- 1 tsp Being Co. Pink Pitaya Powders
- 60g Chocolate
- 10g Coconut Oil
- Freeze dried Raspberry Pieces
Note: Prior to making your Very Berry Bars ensure that your coconut cream is chilled so that you can easily separate the cream from the water. Alternatively use 50g coconut milk/cream powder and reconstitute it with 60ml of water, so it’s nice and thick.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm brownie tin with baking paper. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. You have the right consistency when you squeeze the crumb in your hand and it holds together.
- Tip the crumbs for your base into your tin and using a flat surface (like the bottom of a measuring cup) press flat using downward pressure. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients into your mixing bowl and stir until protein powder is combined. If using Pitaya or beet powder toss into the dry ingredients and stir to evenly distribute.
- In a small bowl combine maple syrup and coconut cream until mixed through.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir throughlymaking sure they are fully combined and there are no unmixed dry ingredients. Mix should be thick.
- Layer the filling over the top of the base and using a spatula flatten the mix (if it sticks to the spatula, wet it slightly and continue to spread an even layer of the filling over the base) Set aside.
- In a heat proof bowl melt down your chocolate taking care not to burn it. Remove from the microwave and stir in the coconut oil. Keep stirring until all chunks are melted. Pour an even layer over your slab and sprinkle with freeze dried raspberries.
- Place the slab in the freezer for 30 mins –1 hr to allow to set.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
Serves 12: Macros per bar
Keto, Refined Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Cals: 208, Protein 8g, Fat 15g, Carbs 11g
Image and recipe credit @the.lyons.life