- 1 cup uncooked sushi rice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Being Co. Blue Spirulina Powder or Blue Butterfly Pea Powder
- 3 sheets nori (roasted seaweed)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into 6 slices
- Cucumber - sliced into matchsticks
- Cook sushi rice according to package directions. Combine rice vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Microwave 30 seconds, then pour warm mixture into cooked rice. Fold mixture into rice until incorporated.
- Add 1-2tsp of the Blue spirulina or Blue butterfly to the rice. Mix thoroughly. If you want a stronger colour add more powder.
- Place one sheet of nori on top of bamboo sushi mat. Wet fingers and top nori with a third of the rice mixture. Carefully press rice into a flat, even rectangle.
- Place two strips of avocado, and some cucumber along the bottom third of the rice/nori. Carefully roll up nori in sushi mat, and use your hand to tighten the roll.
- When roll is fully rolled, use a little water to seal the edge of the nori. Use a very sharp knife to slice roll into 3/4-inch thick slices, cleaning knife between cuts.
Image credit @pia_mia_clean_food